25th Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year A, 2011)

Sunday, 18 September 2011

 
Entrance Praise to the holiest
Kyrie Kyrie II from Paschal Mass (Alan Rees)
Gloria Mass of the Most Sacred Heart (Jacob Bancks)
Psalm Ps 144 (Jones/Steel)
Gospel Acclamation St Agatha Alleluia (mcb)
Preparation of the Gifts Bread I bring (Christopher Walker)
Sanctus, Acclamation, Amen Spring Sanctus (mcb)
Agnus Dei Mass of the Creator Spirit (Ed Nowak)
Communion How can I repay the Lord (Stephen Dean)
Postcommunion Teach me, O Lord (Thomas Attwood, 1765-1838)
Recessional Tell out, my soul
 

The heavens are as high above earth as my ways are above your ways, my thoughts above your thoughts, we heard in the reading from Isaiah. John Henry Newman’s verses from the Dream of Gerontius said the same thing:

In all his words most wonderful;
Most sure in all his ways

The readings and propers, for the most part, dwelt on God’s promise to answer the call of those in need. Our communion processional song meditated on this in words from Ps 116:

I love the Lord, because he heard my voice;
In my distress he did not spurn me.
The snares of death lay waiting for my soul;
My only hope was calling on the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.