6th Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B, 2012)

Sunday, 12 February 2012

 
Entrance Christ is made the sure foundation
Kyrie Belmont Mass (Christopher Walker)
Gloria (Peter Jones)
Psalm Ps 31 (Christopher Walker)
Gospel Acclamation Here in our Midst (Peter Jones)
Preparation of the Gifts God be in my head (Henry Walford Davies, 1869-1941)
Sanctus, Acclamation, Amen Spring Sanctus (mcb)
Agnus Dei Belmont Mass
Communion You are my refuge (Christopher Walker)
Postcommunion Domine, non sum dignus (T.L. de Victoria, 1548-1611)
Recessional Lord, Jesus Christ, you have come to us (Patrick Appleford)
 

Today’s Psalm Response appears in two different versions in various people’s editions of the Missal. We sang

You are my hiding place, O Lord.
You surround me with cries of deliverance.

in Chris Walker’s setting. But in some sources it appears as

You are my refuge, O Lord;
you fill me with the joy of salvation.

I’m not sure I know the explanation for the two variants. (Anyone?) Our Communion song, again in a setting by Chris Walker (for whom it was evidently a bumper weekend here in Salford), echoed the second variant, this time taking its text from Ps 45(46).

The first reading, from Leviticus, and the Gospel reading from Mark both spoke of sickness and healing, so we sang Victoria’s setting of the liturgical text recently reconnected to its scriptural source (the words of the centurion in Matthew 8:8) in the new translation of the Mass:

Lord, I am not worthy
that you should enter under my roof,
but only say the word
and my soul shall be healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.