29th Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year C, 2013)

Sunday, 20 October 2013

 
Entrance Lord of all hopefulness
Kyrie Mass of the Redeemer (mcb)
Gloria Mass of the Most Sacred Heart (Jacob Bancks)
Psalm Ps 120 (Claire Lee/Stephen Dean)
Gospel Acclamation Alleluia Mode 2 (plainchant)
Preparation of the Gifts Domine Exaudi (Orlande de Lassus, 1532-1594)
Sanctus, Acclamation, Amen Mass of the Redeemer
Agnus Dei Paschal Mass (Alan Rees)
Communion I lift up my eyes (David Ogden)
Postcommunion O Salutaris Hostia in E♭ (Edward Elgar, 1857-1934)
Recessional All my hope on God is founded
 

In today’s Gospel reading from St Luke we heard our Lord’s words:

Pray continually… Will not God see justice done to his chosen who cry to him day and night?

We responded with Lassus’s setting of similar words from Ps 101(102):

O Lord, hear my prayer, and let my cry come to you.
Do not turn your face from me.

Elsewhere we sang repeatedly of our hope in God, in the opening and closing hymns, in the Responsorial Psalm, and in David Ogden’s peaceful and thoughtful setting of the same psalm text.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.