31st Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year C, 2013)

Presentation of Candidates for Confirmation & First Communion

Sunday, 3 November 2013

 
Entrance Here I am, Lord (Dan Schutte)
Sprinkling Rite Springs of Water (Marty Haugen)
Gloria Mass of the Most Sacred Heart (Jacob Bancks)
Psalm Ps 144 (Martin Hall)
Gospel Acclamation St Agatha Alleluia (mcb)
Presentation of Candidates Christ be our light (Bernadette Farrell)
Preparation of the Gifts Laudate Nomen Domini (adapted from the Rachmaninov All-night Vigil)
Sanctus, Acclamation, Amen Mass of the Redeemer (mcb)
Agnus Dei Paschal Mass (Alan Rees)
Communion Take and Eat (Michael Joncas)
Recessional Alleluia, sing to Jesus
 

We followed the usual pattern for the presentation of the children embarking on this year’s sacramental programme. To match the Psalm response I will bless your name forever, O God my King, and the words from the second reading from Thessalonians:

In this way
the name of our Lord Jesus Christ
will be glorified in you
and you in him

we sang my adaptation of Khvalite Imya Gospodne (Praise the Name of the Lord) from the Rachmaninov Vespers, translated into Latin and slimmed down to seven parts.

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried Stephen Dean's 'Water of life' for the Sprinkling? I don't dislike Haugen's setting but we've often used this hymn in my own parish and I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Philip, yes, we've done it a few times over the years, though not recently - not since I came across Marty Haugen's Spring of Water, which I like better. We'll come back to it, I expect.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.