6th Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year A, 2014)

Sunday, 16 February 2014

 
Entrance Christ is made the sure foundation
Kyrie (Dinah Reindorf)
Gloria Mass of the Redeemer (mcb)
Psalm Ps 118 (Martin Hall)
Gospel Acclamation St Agatha Alleluia (mcb)
Preparation of the Gifts Eye has not seen (Marty Haugen)
Sanctus, Acclamation, Amen Belmont Mass (Christopher Walker)
Agnus Dei from Beneath the Tree of Life (Marty Haugen)
Communion Teach me, O God (Christopher Walker)
Postcommunion God so loved the world (John Stainer, 1840-1901)
Recessional Praise the Lord, ye heavens adore him
 

Songs by Marty Haugen and Chris Walker that exactly fitted the Lectionary selections today, as three years ago. One of the Missal antiphons for Communion was John 3:16, and we sang Stainer’s beautiful setting of that verse and the next from St John’s Gospel. And our opening hymn wasn’t a bad fit for the Entrance antiphon from the Missal, I thought:

Be my protector, O God,
A mighty stronghold to save me.
For you are my rock, my stronghold!
Lead me, guide me, for the sake of your name.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.