Funeral of Sylvia Ibbetson (Liz Dawn)

Friday, 6 October 2017

 
Entrance Here I am, Lord
Psalm The Lord’s my shepherd
Gospel Acclamation Easter Alleluia
Preparation of the Gifts Make me a channel of your peace
Sanctus, Acclamation A, Amen Mass of Christ the Saviour (Dan Schutte)
Communion (i) Ave Maria (Schubert)
(ii) All that I am
Commendation May the choirs of angels
Recessional O Lord my God
 

Twenty years ago Liz Dawn was a member of the Cathedral Sunday congregation, and a regular on the readers’ rota. She came with the choir more than once when we went into Strangeways Prison to sing in the chapel. It was our privilege to sing at her invitation on ‘her’ episode of Granada TV’s My Favourite Hymns. (We sang Gerard Markland’s Do not be afraid and Carey Landry’s The love I have for you.) For her funeral, Fr Brendan Curley, Cathedral Adminstrator (Dean) in those days, came back to lead the celebration. The tributes to Liz, from family and colleagues, seemed utterly genuine, and spoke of her quiet faith and steadfast commitment to Christian charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.